DAVE’S TOP 10 OF ACTS NOT IN THE HALL OF FAME:
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has announced the class of 2017. They included Yes, Journey, Pearl Jam, Tupac Shakur, The Electric light Orchestra, Baez and receiving the Award for Musical Excellence is Nile Rodgers of Chic.
The induction ceremony will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on April 7th and an edited version will air later on HBO>
Congratulations to all those who will be inducted. However every year I am amazed about those who are not in the Hall. I know it is very political and after what happened in November and all the political crap of that process, I shouldn’t be surprised.
With that in mind here is my top 10 acts that are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
!. The Guess Who—This one shocks me every year, the 1st act from Canada to have a number 1 in the U.S. and all those hits. Then consider the impact they have had over the years.
- The Doobie Brothers—They could as easily been my #1. China Grove, Takin it to the Streets, Long Train Running. This list goes on and on
- The Moody Blues- They deserve to be in if only because the album “Days of the Future Past” was so revolutionary
- Bon Jovi– They along with the Boss brought straight ahead Rock and Roll back into the mainstream, when the music stream was Punk, Dance or Country based
- Emerson lake and Palmer, a band with not only commercial success but they brought and artistry to music that it truly needed
- Bad Company- Paul Rogers the lead singer is still one of the best and has had hits with Free, The Firm , and toured with Queen as its lead singer for years after the death of Freddie Mercury
- Jethro Tull- I mean any Rock and Roll band with a Flute needs to be in the hall.
- Dire straits- The musical style of this band crossed so many styles and Mark Knopfler still is an I-con in the music industry and a band who wants there MTV should be in the Hall.
- The Cars- A Unique sound that led music out of the Disco era
- OZZY- Now let’s say I am not a big fan of Ozzy. Even if I did go see him in concert! (There was a girl involved so that explains a lot) But to not have Ozzy in the Hall of Fame is something I will never understand. He is Heavy Metal music- even if you can’t understand a word he says! SHAROONNN!
These were the 10 I came up with, I am sure there are others and you might or might not agree with me. But that’s Rock and Roll!