Def Leppard will return to Las Vegas for a 12-show run at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino's Zappos Theater. The stand, dubbed, "Def Leppard Hits Vegas: The Sin City Residency" kicks off on August 14th and wraps on September 7th, marking the band's first extended Vegas run since the band's 2013 "Viva Hysteria!" dates at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, which featured the band performing its classic 1987 album from top to tail along with assorted greatest hits. During that initial run, Leppard opened the show tackling deep album cuts and rarities under the moniker Dat Flatbird.

In the statement rolling out the Vegas shows, frontman Joe Elliott said: "Five years ago, we played our first ever residency in Las Vegas which was relatively new ground for a rock band giving this kind of experience. I have to say, we really enjoyed it! Being in one place for the best part of a month is vastly different to our normal city-to-city touring routine. Breaking this cycle adds another element to the experience for both us and the audience. We look forward to seeing you at the Zappos Theater this summer!"

The newly announced Vegas dates are: August 14th, 16th, 17th, 20th, 23rd, 24th, 29th, and 31st; and September 1st, 4th, 6th, and 7th. Tickets go on sale on Friday, February 22nd at 10 a.m. ET.

Joe Elliott recalled to us his first impressions of Las Vegas when the band hit town while touring in support of Pyromania: "I remember when we went there in 1983, aware of the fact that it was this -- I don't wanna call it a ghost town -- but it was certainly the elephant's graveyard of entertainers that were, like, probably a couple of years out of the charts forever, y'know what I mean? And it had that reputation."

Elliott went on to say that the Vegas shows tend to blend the band's heavy hits and the deep catalogue favorites for the die-hards: "It's pretty obvious that 75 percent of the set picks itself. It's the other 25 percent that gets you your hardcore fans burning down the Internet going, 'Oh! They played something that they've never played ever' -- y'know, that kind of thing. So, it's more likely to happen in Vegas than anywhere else."

Def Leppard will next perform on March 29th at Brooklyn, New York's Barclays Center at the 34th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction.

Joining Leppard in the 2019 class will be Stevie Nicks, the Zombies, Janet Jackson, the Cure, Radiohead, and Roxy Music. HBO will broadcast a truncated version of the ceremony later in the year.

AUDIO: JOE ELLIOT ON PLAYING RARITIES IN LAS VEGAS
AUDIO: JOE ELLIOT ON LAS VEGAS IN 1983