I am a man who likes CHICK FLICKS. Now before you tell me to turn in my MAN CARD.
I still love a good shoot em up action adventure, superhero flick. But I really do like some chick flicks- some- The real mushy make you cry chick flicks not so much..
Can I have my man card back?
Here is an example that happened with my wife a few years ago. We were taking a getaway weekend and knew the Hotel had DVD players in the room so we decided to each pick a movie to take along to enjoy. Teresa chose an action adventure (Crimson tide I think, a great movie by the way) but the movie I chose had nothing to do with Batman, Superman or even Pro Wrestling! I chose you’ve got mail” CHICK FLICK.
I guess I should say romantic comedy more that Chick Flick. But a funny movie about relationships are pretty cool and Vanity Fair just came out with a list of the best Romantic Comedies
Here’s the list:
- “When Harry Met Sally”, 1989
- “You’ve Got Mail”, 1998 (see I am not the only one)
- “Clueless”, 1995
- “Bridget Jones’s Diary”, 2001 (I wasn’t fond of this one
- “10 Things I Hate About You”, 1999
- “Groundhog Day”, 1993(it’s Bill Murray —-Again)
- “Notting Hill”, 1999
- “It Happened One Night”, 1934
- “Broadcast News”, 1987
- “Sleepless in Seattle”, 1993(I love the soundtrack)
- “My Best Friend’s Wedding”, 1997
- “His Girl Friday”, 1940
- “Down with Love”, 2003
- “The 40-Year-Old Virgin”, 2005
- “Moonstruck”, 1987
- “Four Weddings and a Funeral”, 1994
- “The Apartment”, 1960
- “Amélie”, 2001
- “Much Ado About Nothing”, 1993
- “Annie Hall”, 1977
- “Some Kind of Wonderful”, 1987
- “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days”, 2003
- “Kissing Jessica Stein”, 2002
- “Something’s Gotta Give”, 2003
- “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”, 2002 ( did they say OPHA or OPRAH)
One I can think of that didn’t make the list is 50 1st dates!
I have not seen all of the 25 and some of them I never will.
Just give me romance movies like Batman and Cat woman- Superman and Lois Lane. Wolverine and Jean Grey. Heck even Peter Parker and Mary Jane. Now that is romance!
Today on the morning show I break the law with a straw and Girl Scout cookies
Stupid news: A break up leads to a theft. Facebook leads to a guy being shot.
Laff lines: Jeff Foxworthy family vacations