So this is the first day of summer? Really?
I got to the radio station this morning it was 37 degrees! Aby 6:30 am we hit 35. First day of summer?????????????
We have had a very wet and cool spring but it will warm up. I hope. It is summer after all.
I checked with the National Weather Service and found out the average high temp in July is 88 degrees. That is nice. But remember that is the average.
Think about the Cache Valley cruise in. Hot weather is the norm. A few years ago setting up for the parade the temp hit 102 degrees that was at 6pm.
The great comedian George Carlin in his character the Hippie Dippie Weather Man said. If you don’t like the weather……..WAIT!
I found this article in the Us News and World report
5 myths of summer . . .
- “You can catch a cold from air conditioning.” Not exactly . . . at least not from the temperature alone. But there IS some evidence that running the AC constantly can dry out your nasal passages and make it slightly easier for viruses to enter your body.
- “Any drink will rehydrate you on a hot day.” Drinks with a bunch of sugar or alcohol can actually DE-hydrate you. So if you’re outside on a hot day, make sure you’re drinking lots of water and not counting on soda or beer just because there’s water in it.
- “You can’t get a sunburn on a cloudy day.” Clouds don’t block out UV rays, so you can still burn even when it’s cloudy.
- “Eating garlic will keep mosquitoes away.” Garlic and other gimmicks like essential oils, ultrasonic devices, and smartphone apps all have little if any scientific evidence showing they’ll protect you. Stick with bug sprays containing DEET or Picaridin if you want to avoid mosquitoes.
- “A dip in the pool can double as a shower.” No way. Pools are usually filled with bacteria capable of causing diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps, and infections. In fact, you should shower BEFORE getting into the water . . . AND after.
Maybe it will warm up… I hope. Check back with me when it is 100 and I am complaining because it is too hot.
Today on the morning show we talked Selfies Summers and Dogs
Stupid news. Spinach and singing seals