Today is one of those day’s that everyone who works in radio dreads. I have a sore throat and I don’t feel well. Luckily I haven’t lost my voice and hopefully won’t.
I did happen to me several times but the worst was not in the dead of winter but in the summer. It was close to the Cache Valley Cruise in the year 38 special was in concert. I lost my voice! I stayed on the air croaking away and had my friend and at the time Cruise in President Dave Harrison come to the station for an interview. It was about 8:40 in the morning during the interview right in the middle of a question nothing came out of my mouth! I remember Dave’s look of concern as he basically finished my question and then answered it himself.
I really wanted to see 38 Special but my Doctor said no. However I lived very close to the fairgrounds and sat outside with my wife and some friends had a picnic while listening to the band.
So if you hear me and it doesn’t sound like me better call Dave Harrison.
When you are sick, or in a bad mood you crave COMFORT FOODS!
For me any food is a comfort food but when I don’t feel well my food of choice is hamburger meat not on a bun but lack of a better term scrambled hamburger. Break up the meat in a sauce pan with some onion and spices cook that up put in in a bowl and mayo and AHH COMFORT!
The Huffington post listed the Top 10 comfort foods
10 Chocolate Pudding. 9. Cheeseburger. 8. Tomato Soup. 7. Baked Zito (I don’t even know what that is but a quick google say’s it is an Italian Mac and Cheese) 6. Dumplings. 5. Pizza. 4. Taco’s. 3. Mac and Cheese the non-Italian kind 2. Mashed potatoes and #1 is a grilled cheese sandwich!
I was shocked that Ice Cream didn’t crack the top 10. But fear not readers as Mr. Burns on the Simpson’s said I have a top 10 list of “So called Iced Cream”
Ben & Jerry’s just released their 10 best-selling flavors from last year, and clearly, no one looked at their “lighter” options. Here’s the list . . .
- Half Baked . . . which is a combo of their Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice creams.
- Cherry Garcia.
- The Tonight Dough . . . which is caramel and chocolate ice cream with chocolate cookie swirls and chunks of cookie dough.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie.
- Americone Dream . . . which is vanilla with pieces of waffle cone covered in fudge and a caramel swirl.
- Phish Food . . . which is chocolate with marshmallow, caramel, and fudge fish.
- Chunky Monkey . . . which is banana with fudge chunks and walnuts.
- Strawberry Cheesecake.
- Salted Caramel Core . . . which is sweet cream ice cream with pieces of blondies and a core in the center made of salted caramel.
On today’s show we talked about words that we should not use as much as we do. Listen here
Stupid news is all about spiders, a lie in space and stolen Vodka. Listen here
Laff lines is Kathleen Madigan on scary movies