QUEEN TOPS NIELSEN'S MUSIC'S MID-YEAR 2019 CHARTS: Queen has been dominating the rock charts this year! The band owns the two most popular rock albums of the year so far, including, the Bohemian Rhapsody film soundtrack and its Greatest Hits album. During the tracking period of Jan. 4 through June 20, 2019, Bohemian Rhapsody earned 705,000 equivalent album units in the U.S., while Greatest Hits earned 385,000 units. The titles rank at Nos. 1 and 2 on the mid-year top 10 rock albums list.
- Check out the full rock albums list:
1. Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody (Soundtrack) (705,000)
2. Queen, Greatest Hits (385,000)
3. Panic! at the Disco, Pray for the Wicked (354,000)
4. Elton John, Diamonds (334,000)
5. Imagine Dragons, Evolve (289,000)
6. Imagine Dragons, Origins (280,000)
7. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, The Best Of Everything (258,000)
8. Hozier, Wasteland, Baby! (243,000)
9. Journey, Greatest Hits (238,000)
10. Vampire Weekend, Father of the Bride (227,000)
THE ROLLING STONES WISH FANS 'HAPPY CANADA DAY' AT LONE CANADIAN CONCERT ON NO FILTER TOUR: The Rolling Stones Wish Fans 'Happy Canada Day' At Lone Canadian Concert On No Filter Tour: The Rolling Stones hit the stage in Oro-Medonte and wished their fans a “Happy Canada Day.” After performing “Street Fighting Man” and “Let's Spend The Night Together,” Mick Jagger told the crowd, “Hello Canada. Happy Canada Day, everybody.” An estimated 60,000 people watched the show.
WATCH EXCLUSIVE CLIP FROM NEW LEONARD COHEN DOCUMENTARY 'MARIANNE AND LEONARD: WORDS OF LOVE: An exclusive clip of the new Leonard Cohen documentary Marianne and Leonard has been released. In the clip, Cohen, years after parting ways with Ihlen, reflects on the meaning of love. He said, “Love is that activity that makes the power of man and woman.That incorporates it into your own heart, when you can embody man and woman, when you can embody hell and heaven, when you can reconcile and contain, when man and woman becomes your content. In other words, when your women becomes your own content and you become her content, that’s love. And you recognize the full equality of that exchange because if she’s smaller than you, she can’t fill you. And if you’re larger than her, you can’t fill her.”