- Bryan Adams will perform a socially distanced concert on September 4th at Dusseldorf, Germany's Merkur Spiel-Arena. Although Germany has banned all large-scale events through October — the government is allowing select events to take place if they meet “stringent guidelines.” According to NME, the multi-act “Give Live A Chance” concert will see 12,000 fans seated about five feet apart and spread across the 54,600-seat stadium. Alcohol won’t be allowed in or around the building, and concert-goers won’t have to take COVID-19 tests to enter. (NME)
- Bryan Adams posted on Instagram: “I’ve been invited to perform at the first large social distancing concert in Germany at the Merkur Spiel-Arena in Dusseldorf on 4th September. I’m playing acoustically — on my own / no band.”
- Ringo Starr, Slash, Cheap Trick, Sean Lennon, Billy Gibbons, John Oates, and more will be among the artists participating in the “(DE)Tour Music Festival” on Saturday, August 15th. The online event is co-sponsored by the Morrison Hotel Gallery, Rolling Live Studios, Spotify, MusiCares, and NIVA (National Independent Venue Association) to “benefit out-of-work musicians and crew members, as well as independent music venues and promoters.” Others participating are David Johansen, Linda Perry, Gavin Rossdale, Macy Gray, the Go-Go-'s Kathy Valentine, Darryl “D.M.C.”McDaniels, Jesse Malin, Taylor Momsen, and more.
- Artists will perform from home or at such iconic Manhattan or L.A. venues as New York’s Bowery Electric, West Hollywood’s Whisky a Go Go, The Roxy Theatre, and the Viper Room. For full details, log on to: https://nocapshows.com. (uDiscovermusic.com)
- Sheryl Crow has posted a video for the recording of her 2012 song, “Woman In The White House.” As Joe Biden winds down his pick for a female Vice Presidential candidate, Crow's new video “features footage from the women’s suffrage movement interspersed with scenes from the current political climate — from Black Lives Matter protests to Greta Thunberg.” The track will be available as a 45 r.p.m. single pressed as a limited run of 500 copies with a B-side still to be announced. The single will be bundled with a red, white, and blue tie-dye t-shirt.
- A portion of the proceeds from each bundle sale will go to She Should Run, a nonprofit organization that provides women who are curious about public office with a starting place to explore their options. For more info, log on to shop.sherylcrow.com. (Rolling Stone)
Radio + Digital
to our community
Learn how you can be a part of Cache Valley’s largest source of local news and its most cost-effective advertising medium. Contact us today to build your multi-platform campaign.