- The Pretenders' Chrissie Hynde is the latest artist to sell their publishing catalogue to Hipgnosis Music. Showbiz 411 reported the multi-million dollar deal includes all of Hynde’s songs to date — including such rock classics as “Brass In Pocket,” “Kid,” “Back On The Chain Gang,” “Talk Of The Town,” “Middle Of The Road,” “Precious,” “Mystery Achievement,” “2000 Miles,” and “I’ll Stand By You,” among many more. (Showbiz 411)
- Hipgnosis has made recent deals for the publishing of such major songwriters as Journey's Neal Schon, Blondie's Debbie Harry and Chris Stein, Barry Manilow, Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx, and Taylor Swift, among others.
- The “Red Rocker” returns!!! The fifth season of AXS TV's Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar premieres on October 4th at 9 p.m. ET. The season's second show set for October 11th “presents a heartfelt tribute to beloved rock showman Eddie Money, as Hagar honors his dear friend during a star-studded night of music that finds him taking the stage with Money's children Dez and Jesse Money, and catching up with fellow rock trailblazers James Hetfield, George Thorogood, Greg Kihn, Louie Anderson, Starship's Mickey Thomas, REO Speedwagon's Kevin Cronin, and Dave Amato, among others.”
- Other guests on board for this season are Train's Pat Monahan, Chris Daughtry, drummer Kenny Aronoff, and Toto's Steve Lukather. (Blabbermouth)
- The remix of John Lennon's “Nobody Told Me” is featured in a newly created video for the song. The clip, strangely using all 1971 footage of Lennon and Yoko Ono behind the 1980 track, is a teaser for the Gimme Some Truth: The Ultimate Mixes, set for release on October 9th — what would have been the late-Beatle's 80th birthday.
- “Nobody Told Me, which Lennon began writing — and first demoed — in 1976, was recorded during the summer 1980 Double Fantasy sessions. It was released posthumously on January 6th, 1984 as the lead single to the Milk And Honey collection.
- “Nobody Told Me,” which peaked at Number Five, marked Lennon's his final solo Top 10 hit single to date.
Radio + Digital
to our community
Learn how you can be a part of Cache Valley’s largest source of local news and its most cost-effective advertising medium. Contact us today to build your multi-platform campaign.